my name is Yann van der Cruyssen.
This is my face ->
I've been using a number of nicknames too, most commonly "Morusque".
I was born somewhere in France in 1986.
Here is a list of things I do :
- Spending a ridiculous amount of time compiling various lists for no specific reason.
- Building a few web pages.
- Sharing reports on naive researches or experiments.
- Using algorithms to generate text, pictures, sounds...
- Programming audio or graphical tools and toys.
- Writing a few books and some mysterious comics too.
- Creating visual materials, either with computers or brushes.
- Composing music and recording sound effects for various video games and movies.
- Developing video games on my own.
- Doing synth archaeology, which seems to almost be the only reason people are visiting this website.
- Merging many sources into computer exploitable dictionaries.
- Inventing silly experimental compression techniques.
- Writing code for art installations.
- Giving birth to a few textual bots.
- Organizing electronic workshops with the Dataglitch music label.
- Starting and data managing a company called Official Database.
- Directed or acted in short films.
- Being part of music bands and occasionally playing acoustic and electronic instruments or singing.
- Hosting weird radio shows every now and then.
If you'd like to know more about me feel free to get lost in this huge collection of files.
If there is anything I could do for you, please send me a mail.